Welcome to the HOT Curling League !
Our mixed RA Business League welcomes new and returning curlers a fun, friendly curling environment with a competitive edge. Our regular season this year will have 13 mixed teams competing weekly to qualify for three (3) divisional playoffs finals. On our last night of curling we celebrate together with a banquet dinner and awards presentations. We enjoy a 26 week season with two rounds of game play and a social bonspiel fun night. We also play a seasonal social game to award a few of our members a cash bonus for the next season !
HOT Curling Member Fees are $315 for the 2019-2020 season, which includes GST and the RA $25 levy fee for curling rock replacement.
Entry fee member dues must be paid in full by cash, email transfer or cheque to our VP/Treasurer,
Pierre Peron on the first night of curling on Oct, 3rd, 2019. Late fee charges in effect on Oct 10th, 2019.
#1 SINGLE ENTRY: HOT Thursday Night members can reserve an individual player membership with a $50 deposit DUE NOW towards their full membership fees for the coming year.
#2 DOUBLE ENTRY: Proactive members can reserve two (2) spots on a team with a double entry by including their entries together, if accepted as a HOT league member with a $100 deposit DUE NOW. Double entry will be reviewed to ensure player levels meet the Umpire Committee Approval.
#3 SPLIT MEMBERSHIP: Two (2) players wishing to be HALF-TIME members in splitting a game day position may register a single entry and also be added to the Spare List for your off game opportunities.
Please contact Rob "Woolly" to arrange the final details for this game play arrangement.
#4 SPARES: HOT league spares have the first opportunity to join us as a full-time member the following season. We also accept new player referrals ! Visitors and player referrals should contact us to be added to our waiting list. HOT Membership options are available.
Can't play a full season, consider joining as a spare!
Also, members may register a personal team spare to our league's spare list. Check out the spares page for more info
HOT Curling Teams (annual process)
1. We re-create 13 teams from new and activated members for our next curling season.
2. New members are eligible to be activated Aug 21st, 2019. We will fill vacancies at this time.
3. All current HOT Members have until August 20th, 2019 to provide a membership deposit.
4. Current members can submit a double entry suggestion of 2 names for a team next season.
5. HOT Umpire committee will ensure teams are balanced and fit our fun, fair play guidelines.
6. Activated new members are placed on vacant positions requiring appropriate player levels.
7. Team review by the Umpire committee for balance and fairness will be completed accordingly.
Please advertise for "spare player referrals" for our league. Thanks for your support!